Youth Activity Page
Check out this Quiz page for children in grades 1-4........
1. At the wedding of Cana where Jesus turned the water into wine, she said: "Do whatever he tells you" (John 2:5)
a) St. Joseph b) Blessed Virgin Mary c) St. Helen d) St. Monica
2. Known for his love of animals, this saint prayer: "Lord, make me a channel of your peace."
a) Francis of Assisi b) Bartholomew
c) James the Greater d) James the Lesser
3. "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nail marks and put my hand into his side, I will not believe" (John 20:25)
a) Cyprian b) Dismas c) Felicia d) Thomas
4. Famous for using the three-leaf clover to explain the Trinity, this saint prayer: "Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left..."
a) Patrick b) David of Wales c) Columba d) Brigid
5. When Jesus was arrested, this saint denied him, saying: "I do not know him" (Luke 22;57)
a) Acca b) Berlinda c) Peter d) Michael the Archangel
6. "The Lord is my shepherd, there is nothing I shall want" (Psalm 23:1)
a) Juan Diego b) Mother Teresa c) King David d) Moses
7. Who said: "Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: "Let my people go" (Exodus 5:1)
a) Moses b) Pius X c) Gregory the Great d) Thomas Becket
8. Known for her service to the poor in Calcutta, India, she is known for this: "Do small things with great love."
a) St. Emilia b) Mother Nature c) Mother Cabrini d) Mother Teresa
9. Mary appeared to her in Lourdes, France but no one believed her at first. They told her to ask the woman her name. She told them: "When I asked her for her name, she said "I am the Immaculate Conception."
a) St. Clotilde b) St. Bernadette Soubirous c) St. Matilda d) St. Jacinta
10) Standing in the Jordan River, he said: "One mightier than I is coming after me. I am not worthy to stoop and loosen the thongs of his sandals. I have baptized you with water; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit." (Mark 1:7-8)
a) Andrew b) Clement c) John the Baptist d) Felicity
HOW WELL DID YOU DO????
1) (b) During the wedding at Cana, the wine ran out. When Mary asked Jesus to help, he performed hid first miracle (John 2:1-11)
2) (a) In his peace prayer, St. Francis asked God to help him bring love where there was hatred and forgiveness to people who were hurt by others. Patron saint of the environment. Feast Day - October 4.
3) (d) St. Thomas was one of Jesus' twelve disciples, but he didn't believe Jesus resurrected until Jesus appeared and showed Thomas his wounds. Jesus said to him, "Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed." Patron saint of India. Feast day - July 3.
4) (a) St. Patrick was abducted as a child by Irish pirates and sold into slavery in Ireland. After escaping years later, God called him to return to Ireland to share Christ with them. Patron saint of Ireland. Feast day -- March 17.
5) (c) Jesus forgave Peter for denying him and made him the first leader (Pope) of the Church. Patron saint of fishermen. Feast day -- June 29.
6) (c) King David wrote most of the Psalms and is described in Scripture as "a man after God's own heart."
7) (a) God spoke to Moses from the burning bush and told him to lead the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt.
8) (d) Mother Teresa served Jesus in the "distressing disguise of the poor." Feast day -- September 5.
9) (b) Millions visit the shrine where Mary appeared in Lourdes to pray for miracles and healing. St. Bernadette is the patron of the physically ill. Feast day -- April 16.
10) (c) St. John the Baptist paved the way for Jesus, the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. Once Jesus came, John stepped aside, saying, "He must increase, I must decrease." Patron saint of Puerto Rico. Feast day -- June 24.