Spiritual Life and Worship
ST. MARY / ST. ANDREW / ST. THERESA
SPIRITUAL LIFE & WORSHIP COMMITTEE
|COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES|
The role of this committee is to nourish and give direction to the liturgical aspect of
parish life by ensuring that parishioners are provided with opportunities to deepen their
faith through a variety of prayer experiences and liturgical celebrations; and to work
collaboratively with the Parish Council to accomplish the parish’s mission statement.
1. Identify the needs of the parish within our area of responsibility.
2. Establish priorities among the needs to formulate long-range and short-term
goals and objectives.
3. Determine budget needs in the area of this committee’s responsibilities and
make recommendations to the Parish Council through the Finance Committee.
4. Establish sub-committees as needed to achieve goals.
5. Communicate various programs by reporting to the Parish Council and to the
6. Provide on-going formation in all areas of responsibility through workshops,
study, spiritual formation, etc.
7. Periodically evaluate existing programs/services.
The St. Mary/St. Andrew/St. Theresa Spiritual Life and Worship committee shall be made up of
______________ members; _______ from the parishes at-large and a representative
from each subcommittee established. The length of term shall be three years with an
option to stay on the committee for another three years if desired.
All members should be active, practicing Catholics.
Each new member is to be adequately prepared for membership on the committee by
being provided with the opportunities for spiritual growth, appropriate theological
foundation and the skills and information required for membership on this committee.
The officers of this committee shall be a chairperson, vice-chairperson and a secretary,
and shall be selected by the committee. The position for the chairperson and vice chairperson
shall be limited to a term of one year. The vice-chairperson will
automatically become the chairperson the following year. The secretary shall be limited
to a term of two consecutive years.
1. Is aware of the tasks and responsibilities of the committee and communicates
these to the committee, parish council and parish community.
2. Prepares the meeting agendas for submission to committee members at least
three (3) days prior to the meeting.
3. Provides formation/education for committee members
4. Conducts meetings.
5. Facilitates the task of determining priorities and setting goals for programs and
6. Establishes the budget in cooperation with the committee members;
communicates budget information to the Finance Committee.
7. Oversees recruitment and orientation of new committee members.
8. Assists the vice-chairperson in understanding their responsibilities and
1. Serves in the absence of the Chairperson
2. Prepares to assume the role of Chairperson the following year.
1. Oversees the accurate recording of the minutes of each meeting and sees to it
that minutes and the agenda are made available to the committee members
and Parish Council.
2. Maintains the official list of all committee members and their terms along with
current addresses and phone numbers.
3. Handles any correspondence for the committee